Tarot Fiesta: how to organize your own tarot party. And don’t forget to share your pictures to receive an antique Italian tarot deck to download!
Great Activities for Your Tarot Party
One on One Card Reading
You can offer your guests a tarot reading.
My recommendation is to keep it short and sweet because probably everyone will want a go.
- A single card reading is at the same time simple, elegant, quick, and to the point. You could also have your guest choose a card from the face-up deck and then a comment about the meaning of that special tarot for him or her.
- Another idea is to use the classic but always appropriate three-card spread. Past/Present/Future or Situation/Advice/Outcome are evergreen. These spreads would not take more than 15 minutes for each reading but they still offer an interesting insight.
- If you feel in tune with your friend you can try the Pilgrim Spread, a three-card layout. The three cards in the spread will represent: Where You Are/ Where You Want to Go/ How to Get There. This layout demands a little work of introspection from the seeker but it certainly gives more understanding.
- Why not try the fun Dragon spread? Ask your friend to choose deliberately a card that represents the dragon he or she is fighting with. Then choose a second card that represents the weapon to kill that dragon and a third one that stands for the dragon’s treasure your friend is going to get once the dragon is vanquished.
Group Tarot Activities
But probably the most fun way to read the cards in a tarot fiesta is a shared reading where everyone participates with ideas and interpretation.
If your friends are attuned and supportive, this will be a creative and uplifting experience for everyone.
No previous knowledge of the tarot is required, often the results of this activity are surprising, especially if your guests have never seen a tarot deck before.
It’s amazing what fresh eyes can see in the tarot symbols. Sometimes the explanations are absolutely unexpected and to the point!
Here are some activities you can try with your guests.
- Ask your friends to choose a card that represents themselves and then describes why they feel drawn to that particular card.
- Invite your guests to give each other a card as a gift and then explain what the card means and why they picked it.
- One member of the group can choose a card that represents the problem he or she is facing and then in turns each of the group chooses a card that offers a solution to that particular problem.
When to Organize Your Tarot Fiesta
Your birthday is the obvious choice but not the only one.
The solstices and equinoxes that mark the change of seasons are great excuses for a celebration.
The summer solstice occurs on the 21st of June, the winter solstice is on the 21st of December and they respectively define the longest and shortest day of the year.
The spring equinox is the 20th of March and the autumn one is the 22nd of September, they mark the date when the day and nighttime are more or less of the same duration.
In most cultures, these dates are considered magic and celebrated lavishly so, just join the fun!
Tarot Fiesta Favors
Have you had a tarot fiesta? Are you planning one?
Tell us about the activities you are planning, let us know if it was a success or a disaster, send pictures, and share the fun.
To thank you for sharing, you’ll receive a beautiful, remastered Antique Italian Tarot deck!
Fill the form below and send us the pictures, we are looking forward to receiving your contributions!
Are you planning a tarot fiesta?
If you are planning a tarot fiesta:
Tell us what are your plans, how you are going to organize it, tell us if it was a success or a fiasco, or send us pictures of the party and receive a printable Tarocchino Lombardo deck!